We at Mountain Goat Running and Break the Stigma Trail Races are proud to announce that HOKA ONE ONE will be the shoe sponsor for Break the Stigma Trail Races 10 Mile and 5k on Sunday June 28th at Whitetail Woods Regional Park.
HOKA will be providing 2 pairs of shoes and some swag for the post race drawings. You must be present to win though. If you have never tried on a pair head over the Mill City Running or your local running store.
To sign up and for more information click here.
We are excited to announce Mountain Goat Running is a single-track member of American Trail Running Association (ATRA). ATRA's mission is to represent and promote trail and mountain running through the following goals.
- To insure that organized trail runs are conducted in a fun, safe and enjoyable manner.
- To provide a forum whereby the business of the sport can be discussed and organized.
- To create and nurture alliances with other associations.
- To be sensitive to the environment.
- To be the clearinghouse for the sport.
- To educate and provide publications and information about our sport to the rest of the running and outdoor community, to the media and to non running entities that have similar goals and objectives.
- To develop recreational participation in the sport.
- To provide opportunities for families to enjoy our sport as a group through events and clinics.
- To develop a trail-running circuit in the U. S. and a competitive athlete program.
Additionally, ATRA has developed standards for events, which all three Mountain Goat Running productions follow: Break the Stigma Trail Races, Mendota Bottoms Trail Run and Salomon Autumn Trail Series. To view the standards click the logo below.
Mile in My Shoes Runs is the other of the two new Mountain Goat Running productions. Mile in My Shoes Runs is an event that benefits the Mile in My Shoes organization. The goal of Mile in My Shoes is to foster wellness, empathy and empowerment within individuals & communities by bringing together diverse populations through the power of running. If you would like to learn more click here.
There will be 10k and 5k races on the paved paths in Hyland Lake Regional Park in Bloomington, MN. The courses will go throughout the park with the start and finish near Jan's Place structure. For more information click here.
Break the Stigma Trail Races is one of the two new Mountain Goat Running productions. Break the Stigma Trail Races is an event that benefits the Break the Stigma organization. The goal of Break the Stigma is to educate, encourage and inspire others about mental health issues and treatments in an effort to end the stigma and foster hope.
There will be 10 Mile and 5k races in a sweet new park called Whitetail Woods Regional Park in Farmington, MN. The courses will go throughout the park with the start and finish at the picnic shelter. After the races there will be pancakes to enjoy. For more info click here.
We are proud to announce that Mill City Running is the Official Run store of Mountain Goat Running Productions! They will be sponsors of all four of our events this year: Salomon Autumn Trail Series, Mendota River Bottoms Trail Run and two other events we will be announcing later this week! If we told you now it would ruin the surprise.
Are you looking for a group to run with during the weeks? Check Mill City Running's group run schedule. You will find Mountain Goat Running on Wednesday nights at 6:00pm for a run and a refreshing beer or on Fridays for Flapjack Friday. Who can resist a peanut butter flapjack sandwich? If you have never had one, come out and then let us know what you think.